Skip to content
Established in 2011, Furiant Quartet is a cultural melange of nationalities, unique and extremely interesting.
- Stefano Mesaglio, Italy – violin;
- Vlad Popescu, Romania – violin;
- Mladen Somborac, Serbia – viola;
- Nika Švarc, Slovenia – cello.
Details on the Quartet members:
- They study together in Germany at the renowned Music University „Hanns Eisler” (Berlin), in the class of Eberhard Feltz and Tim Vogler.
- They are always in touch with some of the best- known musicians of our time, including the Belcea, Casals and Kuss quartets, Rainer Schmidt, Guenther Pichler, Donald Weilerstein, Heime Muller and so on.
- They have participated in numerous international music competitions and contests, having been crowned with the winning, in 2016, of the big prize „Boris Pergamenshikow” (Germany).
- Since 2014, the four are scholars of the Association Yehudi Menus Live music now.
- Furiant Quartet founded in 2015, in Berlin, its series of concerts called Kammermusik im Konvikt, which offers the public six events a year.
- The quartet was heard in many countries on several continents: Spain, Austria, South Africa, Holland, Italy, Germany, Romania, Slovenia, France, Lithuania, Croatia, and, through the program of the Lincoln Centre Stage New York, played in America as well.